Back to the Basics
Here are 5 things that you can do right now that will help your practice with growth when you return to work!
1. CALL YOUR PATIENTS
2. START MEETING ONLINE
Digital conferences are now becoming the new norm. Doctors of all kinds have been starting to communicate with their patients online. If you haven’t yet, it’s time to join the trend!
There are so many ways you can hold a digital conference. For example, you can join a digital conference to hold meetings, study clubs, treatment presentations and more! There is really no limit to what you can do. So, why hesitate? Start a group today and discuss something that you are passionate about. You may never have the time again!
3. DAILY SOCIAL POSTS
We strongly encourage you to post on your social media daily! Especially now, your patients are desperately looking for ways to spend their time. What better way to spend it than by going through your social media?
If you are not sure what to post and need help coming up with ideas, go follow us on IG: @smctrending! We have all the trending topics that you can easily copy and paste onto your sites. Even better, get involved in some of the trends yourself! This is the perfect time to increase your social media presence. Don’t waste the opportunity!
Well, maybe not like this. But you can find great stuff here @smctrending!
IN-HOUSE PLAN / FOLLOW-UP SYSTEMS
Retention is something that we often overlook, but it impacts our bottom line in a major way. If you focus on retention, you won’t need to spend as much money on marketing!
There are two main things you want to be aware of when starting to look at retention. First, in-house plans. This is where uninsured patients sign up to be your patient for the whole year. The benefit to the patient is that they get a discount on treatment and have a set price for 2 cleanings, exams and x-rays. The benefit to you is that you know for sure that the patient is going to return to your office.
Wondering about the pitfalls? Here is where offices usually go wrong:
- They overcharge. The plan should be priced appropriately so every uninsured patient is able to sign up.
- They oversell. This means that they focus on selling the plan before the patient walks through the door. This won’t work. This is a retention tool, not a marketing tactic.
- They overcomplicate. Over the years, we have seen offices make their in-house plans like insurance policies. This is the wrong tactic! Patients hate it and are less likely to join. Remember, simple is always better!
The second step is to understand your follow-up systems. Here is what you want to ask yourself:
- What are your follow-up steps for new patients?
- Look over your no show rate.
- What is your follow-up system for hygiene?
- Look over your recall rate.
- What is your follow-up program for unscheduled treatment?
- What happens to a patient if they don’t accept treatment after their first visit?
5. PHONE TRAINING
The average dental office loses 40% of their marketing patients on the phone! Why? This is because of lazy scripting. Now, with less people calling the phones, this is a great time to boost your content!
Remember, phone training only works if your staff is following the system. Use this time to establish a new set of protocols. Once you do, help out your staff by making your new expectations clear and understandable. Not only will your staff members appreciate this, but so will your patients!
As the Market Continues to Change, We Need to Change With It!
There has never been a better time to capitalize on a shifting market than today. This is your opportunity! Become the leader that you have always wanted to be by taking these first steps. If you don’t, someone else will!